$5.5 million secured for House District 67 cities
Frankfort, KY: Representative Dennis Keene (D-Wilder) has secured transportation funding in the Fiscal Year 2014 Highway Plan that passed the House of Representatives on Tuesday, March 18, 2014. “I have been working with our city leaders to prioritize the projects and secure funding that is so critical to our communities, especially in light of the hard winter we have had,” says Rep. Keene. The projects are subject to agreement in the Senate version of the budget which will be finalized by the last day of session in April.
The following projects were approved in the House Highway Plan:
- Resurfacing and drainage improvements on Lincoln Road -$1 million
- Spot improvements throughout the City of Newport – $1.2 million
- Spot improvements throughout the City of Dayton – $500,000
- Spot improvements throughout the City of Highland Heights – $500,000
- Sidewalk for south side of Memorial Pkwy. – $527,000
- Additional funds for improving Taylor Creek culvert extension – $1.8 million
Representative Dennis Keene has served the citizens of the 67th District since 2005 and is the chairman of the House Licensing and Occupations Committee, Vice Chairman of Economic Development, Vice Chairman on the Budget Subcommittee on Transportation and a member of the Banking & Insurance Committee. Keene is a small business owner and an economic development advisor for EGC Construction. For more information, visit: www.DennisKeene.com.